Visual Storytelling

Storyboards from my graphic novel?


Sometimes, constraints on time are useful and good things come out of it. The past few weeks, I've been taking an excellent visual storytelling class at UBC, taught by Sean Smillie. The class is ostensibly for my "day" job to do with transmedia storytelling, but since we are supposed to have a story ready to go for the course, I've had to come up with an idea for a graphic novel on the fly. It's called True Migration. I confess, I've become somewhat attached to it.

It's kind of sci fi/fantasy, although I'm struggling with how to distinguish it from all the other post-apocalyptic stuff out there. But I have kind of fallen for the characters I created and I want to see how their stories play out. I could play it all out in my head. But maybe, just maybe, this will be the start of my long-awaited graphic novel. Long-awaited by whom, you ask? By me, my good reader. Only me.

Comments

Popular Posts