April Maternity Wardrobe


Ah, maternity clothes. I actually love being pregnant, but this is not reflected in what I wear. The days are long and the nights are far too short, I'm tired and more concerned with my two-year old and having comfy footwear.

However, I discovered the #100dayproject and it really took my fancy. Basically, you decide on an action and post about it everyday on Instagram for 100 days. Not rocket science. But it seemed like a good way to keep me motivated to make art in the last few months of pregnancy.

So I'm doing a sketch everyday. I thought it would be easy to follow the example of one of my mentor illustrators, Emmeline Pidgen (she doesn't know she's my mentor, but I follow her career quite closely in a totally non-creepy way), and draw what I'm wearing for the month of April. It became a little agonizing drawing my own face and body so often. And also thinking of things to wear wasn't easy.

But triumph came when I realized I only repeated an outfit once. Maybe twice.

For April, I'm giving my face a break and moving on to something else. I'll continue to post on Instagram until baby gets here. Or the hundred days are up. Who knows what will come first?


Comments

Popular Posts